Nacho Normal Trash Plate
We'll folks it's time! Its time for the Super Bowl! In Rochester that means it's time to eat! One of Rochester's favorite food tradition is eating something we lovingly call "Garbage." All around town we have "hots and burg" Joints that all give their own spin on this Rochester NY tradition. This recipe is for everyone who loves garbage plates, but especially for those who want that tasty, tasty flavor in us but dont feel like leaving our comfy home or dorm and just prefer homemade instead of $10 bucks a plate. Here is BeerOtaku's take (and bastardization of Rochester's favorite dish!)
1 crowler of Genesee's Brewing Company's Iron Smoke Barrel Aged Black IPA
1 Large Vidalia onion
3 cloves of Garlic
1 large bag of nacho chips
2 lbs of McCann's Grass Fed Ground Beef (You really will notice the difference!)
2 Cans of Baked Beans
1 Bag of Montery Jack Cheese
1 Bag of Mild Cheddar Cheese
Stuart's Rochester Meat Sauce Spice
Stuart's Volcano (salt-free) Spice
2 table spoons of cooking oil
1 small can of tomato sauce
1 Large caste iron skillet
Dice onions and garlic
Heat the beans up in a seperate pan on low.
1. Heat skillet over medium heat.
2. Add oil to skillet. Add onions and garlic to hot oil. Cook for 15 - 20 seconds before removing
3. Add beef to pan. Chop into smaller pieces and you brown meat. Add onion mixture back
into pan after meat is browned.
4. Add 1/4 Tablespoon of Volcano Spice. Add 3 Tablespoons of Meat Sauce Seasoning.
5. Add 1 Cup of beer and mix.
6. Add tomato sauce. Continue cooking until most of the liquid reduces and thickens.
7. Once most of the water evaporates, remove skillet from heat, place meat sauce in a seperate
holding container and use water to quickly rinse skillet for second finishing phase.
8. Once skillet is clean and dried, place a layer of Nacho chips down inside bottom of skillet.
Next put down a layer of meat, a layer of cheese, a layer of beans and repeat.
9. Turn oven to broil, place skillet on middle rack and put timer on 1-2 minutes watch carefully.
10. When cheese is melted remove from the oven scoop out onto bowls or plates and enjoy!